Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Userform combo box

Hi,

Due to some superb help from these groups I have almost achieved what I
wanted to do using a userform, I have one last hurdle now that involves using
a combo box on a userform.

Do these follow the rules of normal of combo boxes in regards to a cell link
and input range? If so could I have some pointers please on how to set up the
properties?

Thank you very much
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I depends on what you think the normal rules are.

right click on the combobox and select properties. in rowsource, the link
for the dropdown list, put something like

Sheet1!A1:A30

in Control source (the link for the result)
sheet2!B9

Tom Ogilvy

"Andy the yeti" wrote:

Hi,

Due to some superb help from these groups I have almost achieved what I
wanted to do using a userform, I have one last hurdle now that involves using
a combo box on a userform.

Do these follow the rules of normal of combo boxes in regards to a cell link
and input range? If so could I have some pointers please on how to set up the
properties?

Thank you very much
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default problem with a combo box in a worksheet

Tom,

Could you help me one thing?

I have a combo box in one of my worksheets, and the code for the combo box
is also in the same worksheet "Sheet1". Basically, the code will execute the
lines based on the value selected (from clicking) from the combo box.
Somehow, the code automatically executes when the file is opened.

I have tried many ways, and I am still having problems. I don't understand
why the code will automatically execute when the file is opened.

Below is my code structure.

Private Sub cboCode_Click()

Application.ScreenUpdating=False

Select Case cboCode.Value
Case "Selection1"
'Do the following
Case "Selection2"
'Do the following
Cash "Selection3"
'Do the following
Case Else
'Do the following
End Select

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Please help.

Thanks.

"Andy the yeti" wrote:

Hi,

Due to some superb help from these groups I have almost achieved what I
wanted to do using a userform, I have one last hurdle now that involves using
a combo box on a userform.

Do these follow the rules of normal of combo boxes in regards to a cell link
and input range? If so could I have some pointers please on how to set up the
properties?

Thank you very much
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Souny,

Try using the Change event rather than the click event. The initial recalc seems to be firing the
click event code, but should not fire the change event.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Andy the yeti" wrote:

Hi,

Due to some superb help from these groups I have almost achieved what I
wanted to do using a userform, I have one last hurdle now that involves using
a combo box on a userform.

Do these follow the rules of normal of combo boxes in regards to a cell link
and input range? If so could I have some pointers please on how to set up the
properties?

Thank you very much
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bernie,

Thanks for your response. I tried with Change event, and the problem still
exists.

I don't know why. Please help.

"Andy the yeti" wrote:

Hi,

Due to some superb help from these groups I have almost achieved what I
wanted to do using a userform, I have one last hurdle now that involves using
a combo box on a userform.

Do these follow the rules of normal of combo boxes in regards to a cell link
and input range? If so could I have some pointers please on how to set up the
properties?

Thank you very much
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does the combobox list range contain formulas rather than values?

At the end of it all, you could change your macro code to look at some other enabling value that you
store in a named cell somewhere... for example

If Range("DisableCombo").Value < "Enabled" Then Exit Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP