-   -   Excel hangs... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/359674-excel-hangs.html)

coder_arun

Excel hangs...

Hi

I need some guidance regarding this.

I have a Excel sheet that with a SELECT macro of the form.

=SELECT("R1C1,R2C1,R3C1")

The problem is that the list seperator is , in this case and ; for the
OS.

When I try to apply the macro Excel hangs and I have to kill it from
the task manager.

I guess some exception is being thrown that I an not handling.

I want to know:
1. How to handle exceptions in Excel ( I'm not using VBA)
2. What kind of Exceptions should be handled.

Thanks in advance
Arun

--
coder_arun
coder_arun's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33811

NickHK

Excel hangs...

My Excel2K does not have a function called SELECT.
What are you trying to achieve ? Maybe you need the CHOOSE or MATCH
functions.

NickHK

"coder_arun" wrote
in message ...

Hi

I need some guidance regarding this.

I have a Excel sheet that with a SELECT macro of the form.

=SELECT("R1C1,R2C1,R3C1")

The problem is that the list seperator is , in this case and ; for the
OS.

When I try to apply the macro Excel hangs and I have to kill it from
the task manager.

I guess some exception is being thrown that I an not handling.

I want to know:
1. How to handle exceptions in Excel ( I'm not using VBA)
2. What kind of Exceptions should be handled.

Thanks in advance
Arun

--
coder_arun
coder_arun's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=535851

Dave Peterson

Excel hangs...

It looks like the OP is using the older XLM macro--not VBA.

(I don't know anything about them, either!)