-   -   Comments Author? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/359595-comments-author.html)

Dav[_6_]

Comments Author?

We have a spreadheet that was created by a former member of the
department. When comments are hovered over we get something like

cell c21 commented by Fred Smith

appearing on the status bar

I think there should be a simple macros to changes all these comment to
something like.

cell c21 commented by Performance Review

eg to change fred smith to Performance Review

Thanks in advance

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Jim Cone

Comments Author?

Debra Dalgleish has a macro solution here...
http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments03.html
"Replace Old Name in Comments"
--
Jim Cone