-   -   How do you change the default alignment of merged cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/359171-how-do-you-change-default-alignment-merged-cells.html)

Jim J.

How do you change the default alignment of merged cells?

There is one icon that merges and centers selected cells ("Merge and
Center"). Unfortunately, the icon on centers the data horizontally. The
data remains bottom-justified. Is there a way to?:
1) Modify the macro (or whatever) drives this icon's function?
2) Create a new icon and function to do what I need?
3) Change the default alignment within a cell (whether merged or not)?
Thanks in advance!

sebastienm

How do you change the default alignment of merged cells?

Hi,
this might answer part of your questions:

To center vertically you can use the built-in icon:
- menu View Tollbars Customize, the Customize dialog pops up
- in tab Commands, select Format from the Categories list, and from the
COmmands list, locate the Center VErically icon and drag it to one of your
current toollbars.

I dont'think there is a builtin merge+center vertically.
Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com