-   -   How can I get a row to display the date of the last friday, and every friday before that? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/358518-how-can-i-get-row-display-date-last-friday-every-friday-before.html)

[email protected]

How can I get a row to display the date of the last friday, and every friday before that?

I need to record the price of an item every friday. I want the most
recent friday in column G.

I am using the today() function, but obviously that won't work, because
on monday it inserts today's date, rather than the most recent friday.
Then, in every column to the right I want the friday before, until
1/2/06.

I know I can just subtract 7 from the column to the left, but how would
I end this. So each week one new column should become active.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

How can I get a row to display the date of the last friday, and every friday before that?

Use =TODAY()-CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(TODAY()),2,3,4,5,6,0,1) to get the Friday
previous to today.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips