-   -   Delete an entire folders contents (or just Excel files) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/358366-delete-entire-folders-contents-just-excel-files.html)

DejaVu[_67_]

Delete an entire folders contents (or just Excel files)

Is it possible to delete the entire contents of a folder with the VBA?
I'd like to be able to delete either all of the files out of a folder
or delete all the Excel files out of a folder. I know I can use
Code:
--------------------
Kill "C:\Test Folder\TestBk.xls"
--------------------

I assume that I can use some sort of loop to find all the files in a
folder and delete them, but is it possible to Kill an entire folder's
contents???

TIA
DejaVu

--
DejaVu
DejaVu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22629

Martin Krastev[_2_]

Delete an entire folders contents (or just Excel files)

Use the FileSearch Object.
The following is from VBA help:

With Application.FileSearch
If .Execute() 0 Then
MsgBox "There were " & .FoundFiles.Count & _
" file(s) found."
For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
kill .FoundFiles(i)
Next i
Else
MsgBox "There were no files found."
End If
End With

"DejaVu" wrote:

Is it possible to delete the entire contents of a folder with the VBA?
I'd like to be able to delete either all of the files out of a folder
or delete all the Excel files out of a folder. I know I can use
Code:
--------------------
Kill "C:\Test Folder\TestBk.xls"
--------------------

I assume that I can use some sort of loop to find all the files in a
folder and delete them, but is it possible to Kill an entire folder's
contents???

TIA
DejaVu

--
DejaVu
DejaVu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22629
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=531060

Ron de Bruin

Delete an entire folders contents (or just Excel files)

You can use this to delete all the files in the folder

Kill "C:\Test Folder\*.*"

Or xls files

Kill "C:\Test Folder\*.xls"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"DejaVu" wrote in message

Is it possible to delete the entire contents of a folder with the VBA?
I'd like to be able to delete either all of the files out of a folder
or delete all the Excel files out of a folder. I know I can use
Code:
--------------------
Kill "C:\Test Folder\TestBk.xls"
--------------------

I assume that I can use some sort of loop to find all the files in a
folder and delete them, but is it possible to Kill an entire folder's
contents???

TIA
DejaVu

--
DejaVu
DejaVu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22629
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=531060

DejaVu[_68_]

Delete an entire folders contents (or just Excel files)

Thank you both for the quick response. Both solutions appear to
accomplish the task I was looking for. Ron de Bruin - I thought it
might be easier than what I was putting into it, but I had no idea it
would be one line!! Thanks again.

DejaVu