-   -   Count/CountIF Formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/358072-count-countif-formula.html)

ph8[_51_]

Count/CountIF Formula

Hey folks,

My latest endeaver has me stumped. I can't seem to figure out how to
use the =COUNT or =COUNTIF formulas to accomplish what I need.

I have a spreadsheet which holds three pieces of information per entry.
This information is located in the following columns:
D: Checklist Name
E: Date Updated
F: Path

I have column C turn green, yellow, or red, using a conditional format
if the 'date updated' (from column E) is within 6 month, in the 6th
month, or greater then six month from Today(). The conditional format
works great. The problem I am having, however is when I am trying to
count the number of overdue/current/due for update checklists.

For my 'due for update' checklists, I am using:
(Today()-E2) = 181 and (Today()-E2) <= 211

I mentioned this incase people needed the dates caluclations I used.

The only solution I can think of is to have excel display a certain
character depending on what the update status is, then have a 2nd
formula count all the occurances of that certain character. But there
has to be a better way to do this? I don't want to have hidden columsn
all over my spreadsheet for formulas I was unable to code properly.

Thanks in advanced.

--
ph8
ph8's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19871