-   -   Input box cancel produces error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/358044-input-box-cancel-produces-error.html)

pkeegs

Input box cancel produces error

I have the following to insert a date into the active cell. It works all
right to enter the default or a new date with OK, but when Cancel is clicked
it only produces an error. What do I need to exit the sub.

ActiveCell.Value = CDate(InputBox("Enter the end date of the period.", _
strTitle, Range("BalanceDate").Value))

Regards

Tom Ogilvy

Input box cancel produces error

Dim s as String
s = InputBox("Enter the end date of the period.", _
strTitle, Range("BalanceDate").Value)
if s < "" then
if isdate(s) then
ActiveCell.Value = cdate(s)
else
Msgbox "Bad data"
end if
end if

Tom Ogilvy

"pkeegs" wrote in message
I have the following to insert a date into the active cell. It works all
right to enter the default or a new date with OK, but when Cancel is

clicked
it only produces an error. What do I need to exit the sub.

ActiveCell.Value = CDate(InputBox("Enter the end date of the period.", _
strTitle, Range("BalanceDate").Value))

Regards

Rick R.[_2_]

Input box cancel produces error

Try using vbYes and vbNo. If youg get vbNo, then exit sub

"pkeegs" wrote:

I have the following to insert a date into the active cell. It works all
right to enter the default or a new date with OK, but when Cancel is clicked
it only produces an error. What do I need to exit the sub.

ActiveCell.Value = CDate(InputBox("Enter the end date of the period.", _
strTitle, Range("BalanceDate").Value))

Regards

pkeegs

Input box cancel produces error

Thanks Tom
I copied your code into a test macro but when I ran it, it stopped at
"s=InputBox...." Should there be a reference to the cell where value is
being inserted?

"pkeegs" wrote in message
I have the following to insert a date into the active cell. It works all
right to enter the default or a new date with OK, but when Cancel is

clicked
it only produces an error. What do I need to exit the sub.

ActiveCell.Value = CDate(InputBox("Enter the end date of the period.", _
strTitle, Range("BalanceDate").Value))

Regards

Dave Peterson

Input box cancel produces error

Tom does that later with activecell.value.

Are you sure that there is a single cell named BalanceDate?

--

Dave Peterson

pkeegs

Input box cancel produces error

Hi Dave & Tom,
message to all us amateurs "When you set up a test sheet to test code that
is proposed, don't forget to define the names that have been used!!!" It
works well.

Thanks very much

Regards