Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Object vs. New File in beforeSave event

I have build an Add-in and capture the Beforesave Event of all Excel
workbooks my users work with. occasionally my users will open excel workbooks
from a database were the files are actually embeded objects. I have to treat
these files differently than the files my user manipulates on the Hard drive.
Currently I differentiate them by getting the OpenPath property from the
Workbook. If it is an Object OpenPath="" all other files have OpenPath =
"<path of some sort" which I then use for further validation. This works
great as long as the file I'm working with is not a new workbook that has
never been saved, in that instance OpenPath="" which makes my code think it's
opend from the database as an object while it is not.
Anybody can think of an easy way in the beforesave event to differentiate
the Object from a new workbook ? This is probably realy simple I can just not
think of it right now.

BeforeSave Event Question Andibevan[_4_] Excel Programming 0 August 11th 05 11:35 AM
BeforeSave event Carl Bowman Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 February 6th 05 12:28 PM
Make "BeforeSave" event supply a default path and file name? quartz Excel Programming 1 April 22nd 04 08:08 PM
BeforeSave event j23 Excel Programming 0 April 6th 04 11:15 AM
BeforeSave workbook event Cindy Excel Programming 15 February 10th 04 04:28 PM