-   -   Number sorting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/357544-number-sorting.html)

ReD-DevIL[_19_]

Number sorting

Hi, I have a serial number for every equipment.

E.g.

sno date
1 21-mar-06
2 22-mar-06
3 23-mar-06

Once the user delete the number 2 records, the number 3 will move up
but the serial number remains as 3 how can i code it to adjust the
serial number when a record is removed ?

--
ReD-DevIL
ReD-DevIL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32624

[email protected]

Number sorting

Hi
For serial number 1 in A1 just type 1
For the second serial number type =A1 + 1
Fill this formula down and you will get the sequence 1, 2, 3, ..
Deleting any row will re-number automatically as you required.

regards
Paul

ReD-DevIL wrote:
Hi, I have a serial number for every equipment.

E.g.

sno date
1 21-mar-06
2 22-mar-06
3 23-mar-06

Once the user delete the number 2 records, the number 3 will move up
but the serial number remains as 3 how can i code it to adjust the
serial number when a record is removed ?

ReD-DevIL[_20_]

Number sorting

Hi, the sheet is created automatically every year so i cant type in th
A1+1 manually. Is there any way i can do it using vba codes

--
ReD-DevI
ReD-DevIL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3262

[email protected]

Number sorting

Hi
You only type "=A1+1" once. Then you select the whole column from that
point to the bottom of your data and do Edit, Fill, Down.

regards
Paul

ReD-DevIL[_21_]

Number sorting