-   -   Populate Excel Chart Data from Access (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/357484-populate-excel-chart-data-access.html)

David

Populate Excel Chart Data from Access

Hello,

Two questions:

I am trying to populate SHEET2 of a particular spreadsheet from an Access
query. Data in SHEET2 is the source of data for a graph on SHEET1.

1. When I run the DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet from Access, naming SHEET2 as
the destination RANGE, it creates SHEET21. However, when I delete SHEET2,
run the DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet it creates SHEET2. If I run it again, it
updates SHEET2.

Is there something in Excel that recognizes a link between the graph on
SHEET1 and the data in SHEET2 which prevents me from doing this?

2. Assuming I can resolve #1 above, how can I dynamically define the range
of data for the X and Y axis? As the query is returning a different data set
each time I run it, I cannot pre-determine the last cell in the X and Y data
columns.
--
David