-   -   Referencing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/357474-referencing.html)

Paul W Smith[_4_]

Referencing

On a worksheet called TestA, I have a combo called 'Player1'
(=EMBED("Forms.ComboBox.1",""))

How do I refer to it's properties from the change event of a control on
another page?

i.e I want to set Player1's ListFillRange property when a combobox on
another page changes.

Paul Smith

Chip Pearson

Referencing

Right click the control and choose Properties from the pop-up
menu.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Paul W Smith" wrote in message
On a worksheet called TestA, I have a combo called 'Player1'
(=EMBED("Forms.ComboBox.1",""))

How do I refer to it's properties from the change event of a
control on
another page?

i.e I want to set Player1's ListFillRange property when a
combobox on
another page changes.

Paul Smith

Chip Pearson

Referencing

I misread your question. You can reference the control at runtime
with code like

Worksheets(1).OLEObjects("ComboBox1").Object.AddIt em "asdf"

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Paul W Smith" wrote in message
On a worksheet called TestA, I have a combo called 'Player1'
(=EMBED("Forms.ComboBox.1",""))

How do I refer to it's properties from the change event of a
control on
another page?

i.e I want to set Player1's ListFillRange property when a
combobox on
another page changes.

Paul Smith

Paul W Smith[_4_]

Referencing

This is Excel programming newsgroup isn't it. I would have hoped that
something better than this manual method which is nowhere near what I am
looking for would be sent.

I would like to know how to set the ListFillRange property of an embedded
combo box, from the change event of another combo box on another worksheet.
It is really only how to reference the control I am looking for.

If anyone can help please do.

Paul Smith

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
Right click the control and choose Properties from the pop-up menu.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Paul W Smith" wrote in message
On a worksheet called TestA, I have a combo called 'Player1'
(=EMBED("Forms.ComboBox.1",""))

How do I refer to it's properties from the change event of a control on
another page?

i.e I want to set Player1's ListFillRange property when a combobox on
another page changes.

Paul Smith

Tom Ogilvy

Referencing

worksheets("TestA").OleObjects("Player1").ListFill Range =

Tom Ogilvy

"Paul W Smith" wrote:

On a worksheet called TestA, I have a combo called 'Player1'
(=EMBED("Forms.ComboBox.1",""))

How do I refer to it's properties from the change event of a control on
another page?

i.e I want to set Player1's ListFillRange property when a combobox on
another page changes.

Paul Smith

Chip Pearson

Referencing

In the code module for sheet2, use code like the following

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects("Combobox1").ListF illRange = _
Worksheets("SHeet2").Range("A1:A10").Address

[...]

Thank you very much for your answer, it is what I needed. I need to
reference the worksheets OLEObjects

And thanks for not taking offence at my short tempered second posting - I
was every frustrated.