-   -   How to start the Macro when I open Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/357097-how-start-macro-when-i-open-excel.html)

ALICE

How to start the Macro when I open Excel

Hi,

I'm a beginner, so sorry for my stupid question.
I created a Macro in a file .xls.
I saved the file .xls with the format .xla (as add-in).
I put the file .xla in the directory C:\Programmi\Microsoft
Office\OFFICE11\XLSTART.
But it doesn't start when I open Microsoft Excel.
Why?

Thanks,
Daniela

Carim

How to start the Macro when I open Excel

Hi Daniela,

In Excel main menu, go to Tools Add-Ins and tick-off the newly created
add-in ..

HTH
Cheers
Carim

Daniela[_2_]

How to start the Macro when I open Excel

Hi Carim,

thanks for your quick answer.
I tried, but it seems that it doesn't work...
Is it correct the way I create the .xla file (by saving the add-in from the
..xls file)?

Thanks,
cheers,
Daniela