-   -   Coding for custom footer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/357006-coding-custom-footer.html)

cakprogramming

Coding for custom footer

I am trying to put 1 of 4 footers into the center footnote via a macro. Which
footer that goes in depends on the scenario selected by the end user.

The longest of the 4 footnotes is 198 characters. The left footnote is 56
characters. The right footnote is today's date and should have a maximum
length of 10 characters.

So the sum of all of these never exceeds the 255 mark.

Yet I get an error message "Runtime 1004. Unable to set the CenterFooter
property in Page Setup" on 3 of the 4 footnotes.

If need be, how do you paste or insert one of four pictures in the
CenterFootnote?

Gary''s Student

Coding for custom footer

Sub Macro1()
Dim s As String
s = Cells(1, 1).Value
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = s
End Sub

will set the centerfooter to some text string

If you want a picture in the centerfooter then

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CentertFooterPicture.FileNam e = "C:\pic.jpg"
or some other text string specifying the file

--
Gary''s Student

"cakprogramming" wrote:

I am trying to put 1 of 4 footers into the center footnote via a macro. Which
footer that goes in depends on the scenario selected by the end user.

The longest of the 4 footnotes is 198 characters. The left footnote is 56
characters. The right footnote is today's date and should have a maximum
length of 10 characters.

So the sum of all of these never exceeds the 255 mark.

Yet I get an error message "Runtime 1004. Unable to set the CenterFooter
property in Page Setup" on 3 of the 4 footnotes.

If need be, how do you paste or insert one of four pictures in the
CenterFootnote?

Mike Fogleman

Coding for custom footer

198+56+10=264