-   -   needing some If Range value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/356952-needing-some-if-range-value.html)

Johnny Mick[_2_]

needing some If Range value

Good afternoon ,
I'm lost . . .this bit of code is used in a 'call.' it works fine in the
body of the program, but does not work in any of my 'calls.' why??? I've
tried just about everything (except reboot). Still a rookie here, but I
can't seem to figure this out. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

For count = 3 To 1000
If Range("A" & count) = "Lanham" Then
If Range("H" & count) = "IX*" Then
figure = figure + 1
Next count

Johnny Mick[_2_]

needing some If Range value

here's an example of the data the loop is 'counting' through:
A H
Lanham CK082917
Lanham CK082780
Lanham PT204185
Lawyer CK082960
Lawyer RB01MZW-060A
Lawyer RA01MZW-060A
Lawyer PT204673
Lawyer R01MRIC-060P

"Johnny Mick" wrote:

Good afternoon ,
I'm lost . . .this bit of code is used in a 'call.' it works fine in the
body of the program, but does not work in any of my 'calls.' why??? I've
tried just about everything (except reboot). Still a rookie here, but I
can't seem to figure this out. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

For count = 3 To 1000
If Range("A" & count) = "Lanham" Then
If Range("H" & count) = "IX*" Then
figure = figure + 1
Next count

Johnny Mick[_2_]

needing some If Range value

I guess my trouble post was a little too vague. . . thanks anyway. . .I
figured it out. For some reason, I wasn't able to use '=' when comparing a
value with a wildcard. . .I ended up using 'Like' and it is working fine.