-   -   VB Script for Excel Revised Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/356761-vbulletin-script-excel-revised-question.html)

VB Script for Excel

VB Script for Excel Revised Question

I need to activate a workbook through a cell reference. the workook
name is stored in cell A1 as "pnlreport_060321.xls". This name
automatically changes daily based on the date. This is how I wrote the
code to activate the workbook:
Sub import()

Dim fileA As String
fileA = Range("A1").Value
windows("fileA").Activate

End Sub

However this does not seem to work. It gives me an error message
"Run-Time Error '9': Subscript Out of Range" and stops at the third
line (windows("fileA").Activate).

Please HELP. How would I activate a workbook which is already open. I
cannot use the file name in the code because the name changes every
day.

Thanks : )

Ivan F Moala[_76_]

VB Script for Excel Revised Question

Try

Code
-------------------

windows(fileA).Activate

-------------------

--
Ivan F Moal

Ivan F Moala's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=195
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52512

VB Script for Excel

VB Script for Excel Revised Question

It doesn't work Ivan. It still gives me same error and brings the
yellow mark on that same line.
thnx

Ivan F Moala[_77_]

VB Script for Excel Revised Question

Is cell A1 = "pnlreport_060321.xls" the same as your Window activat
name?

It may read "pnlreport_060321" depending on weeather your window
setting is set to display File extensions