-   -   Create List in Combo Box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/356750-create-list-combo-box.html)

parteegolfer

Create List in Combo Box

I am attempting to create a user form with combo boxes or a drop dow
list.
How do enter the Data to be dropped down from this. I know how t
create a list using Validation however this does not help with use
forms.

Please point me in the right direction. I need three names in a box t
be selected in this user for

--
parteegolfe
parteegolfer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3195

Steve Yandl

Create List in Combo Box

If the items are present in an existing range in your workbook, it's pretty
simple. If you select the combo box in VBE, locate the "RowSource" property
in the lower left window (Properties window). Enter the name for the range
there and you should get what you want.

Steve

"parteegolfer"
wrote in message
news:parteegolfer.251vtn_1142996103.7779@excelforu m-nospam.com...

I am attempting to create a user form with combo boxes or a drop down
list.
How do enter the Data to be dropped down from this. I know how to
create a list using Validation however this does not help with user
forms.

Please point me in the right direction. I need three names in a box to
be selected in this user form

--
parteegolfer
parteegolfer's Profile:

Centurius

Create List in Combo Box

in the VBA window, on the properties sheet for this combo box, there is
a field named "RowSource" simply type in this field the name of the
list of data you want the combobox to contain

eg. if the combobox should call upon a list of names somewhere in the
workbook defined as FirstName
type that into the RowSource field on the properties.

if it is only the three names, and won't be changing on the sheets, you
can (i think, never actually done it) just type the options into the
RowSource field, in " " and seperated by ;

eg. RowSource "Dan";"Sarah";"Cara"
not sure if this will work, but might as well try

Hope This Helps

Cheers,
Dan

=P