-   -   How to call a macro in a different file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/356664-how-call-macro-different-file.html)

DejaVu[_62_]

How to call a macro in a different file

I need to be able to call a macro that is located within another file.
It's no problem to call another macro that is within the same file, bu
as my project grows, it becomes too large and cumbersome. I need t
find some way to call a macro within another file.
Say, for example I have two workbooks (FileA and FileB). Within File
I have a macro (MacroA). At some point within that code, I need t
call a macro located in FileB named MacroB.

Is this possible?
Is it possible to do with VB Script?

TIA,
DejaV

--
DejaV
DejaVu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2262

Crowbar via OfficeKB.com

How to call a macro in a different file

In the past I have created a custom toolbar and linked the macros from
another workbook to it, to perform actions

DejaVu[_63_]

How to call a macro in a different file

Thanks Crowbar... but I could not get your link to work.

I know how to have different buttons call macros from differen
workbooks, but while my code is executing, I need it to call a macr
from another workbook

--
DejaV
DejaVu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2262
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52484

Tom Ogilvy

How to call a macro in a different file

assuming FileB.xls is open

application.Run "FileB.xls!MacroB"

see help on the Run command for details.

Tom Ogilvy

"DejaVu" wrote:

I need to be able to call a macro that is located within another file.
It's no problem to call another macro that is within the same file, but
as my project grows, it becomes too large and cumbersome. I need to
find some way to call a macro within another file.
Say, for example I have two workbooks (FileA and FileB). Within FileA
I have a macro (MacroA). At some point within that code, I need to
call a macro located in FileB named MacroB.

Is this possible?
Is it possible to do with VB Script?

TIA,
DejaVu