-   -   Help w/ project. Counting upper and lower case characters in a cell. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/356370-help-w-project-counting-upper-lower-case-characters-cell.html)

[email protected]

Help w/ project. Counting upper and lower case characters in a cell.

Here's the task I'm trying to complete:

Take text from a cell.
Count all uppercase letters.
Count all lower case letters.

I've figured out how to count the total letters excluding spaces using
the LEN and SUBSTITUTE commands, but I'm stuck on how to count how many
uppercase and lower case letters there are. Can anyone point me in the
right direction?

RB Smissaert

Help w/ project. Counting upper and lower case characters in a cell.

This is a fast function to count upper case characters.
You can work out for yourself how to do lower case.

Function CountUppers(ByVal strString As String) As Long

Dim aByte() As Byte
Dim i As Long

aByte() = strString

For i = 0 To UBound(aByte) Step 2