-   -   Checking access to Sharepoint prior to use (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/356345-checking-access-sharepoint-prior-use.html)

dalejrstwin

Checking access to Sharepoint prior to use

Is there a way I can check Sharepoint log ins prior using Excel's VBA
sharepoint features to save files to a sharepoint site?

I already have this code:

Public Const SharePointPath = "\\sharepoint.xxxxxx.com\sites\mysite"

' Determine if workbook can be checked out.
On Error GoTo ErrorHandler
'Fails if User not Logged into Sharepoint
If Workbooks.CanCheckOut(Filename:=savename) = True Then
Workbooks.CheckOut savename
MsgBox "Checked out file from SharePoint: " & file
End If

'I actually don't need to open file
'Workbooks.Open (savename)

'Instead save over it.
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=savename,
FileFormat:=xlWorkbookNormal
'Check it in -- works if I checked it Out

If Workbooks(ActiveWorkbook.Name).CanCheckIn = True Then
Workbooks(ActiveWorkbook.Name).CheckIn
savechanges:=SaveDuringClose, Comments:="", MakePublic:=True
MsgBox file & " has been checked in."
Else
MsgBox "This file cannot be checked in " & _
"at this time. Please try again later, " & _
"someone else who has write access could have it Checked
Out."

End If

Else
ErrorHandler:
MsgBox ("You may not be able to log into Sharepoint Server for this
process to work.")
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=savename, FileFormat:=xlWorkbookNormal
If Closefile = True Then ActiveWorkbook.Close
savechanges:=SaveDuringClose
End If

Thanks,
Dalejrstwin