-   -   Protect Comments from deletion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/356322-protect-comments-deletion.html)

aehan

Protect Comments from deletion

Hi

I have set up a spreadsheet using the worksheet change command so that when
a user changes the data in a cell the font changes colour and a comment is
added to say who made the change and when. I don't want the users to be able
to delete the comment because I need to record it. Is there any way of doing
this. Worksheet protection is not an option in this case.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Aehan

Tom Ogilvy

Protect Comments from deletion

Don't use comments. Use a hidden sheet and write the information to the
corresponding cell.

Tom Ogilvy