Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro - delete row if cell contains string

Hi all,

Can some one help me please!
Here is a slightly more complex macro that I really need. I have a list
of domain names in excel for example:

1 www.throneofnails.com
2 www.throneofnails.com/info/index.html
3 www.fairkess.com/en/business/industrie.html
4 www.endlessdecor.com/Links.html
5 www.retractableawnings.com/resources.htm
6 www.ffbd-tm.com
7 www.ffbd-tm.com/test

I need a macro that will delete all the top level domain names eg
www.throneofnails.com and delete all files in that domain eg
www.throneofnails.com/info/index.html.

I need to be left with a list of only domain names like domain name 3,4
and 5.

I think it will probably have something to do with finding the cells
that dont contain a "/" then loading them into an array then deleting
all cells that contain the contents of that array.

Unfortunately I dont have the programing language to do this.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Alex Kemsley