-   -   Worksheet Protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/356217-worksheet-protection.html)

Alex[_31_]

Worksheet Protection

Hi all,
I have a sheet which runs a macro. Basically, I have a button which inserts
a new line for data entry. I want to restrict modification on the sheet by
the users so I have protected the sheet but have unlocked the cells that can
be changed. However, when I press the button to insert a new row, it errors
on me. Any suggestions as to how I can protect the sheet but allow a new
item to be inserted by using the button?

Thanks

irishboyx[_5_]

Worksheet Protection

at the start of the sub enter

ActiveSheet.Unprotect password:="whatever"

at the end enter

ActiveSheet.protect password:="whatever"

--
irishboyx
irishboyx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32498

Alex[_31_]