-   -   Why can't I merge cells in a protected sheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/356183-why-cant-i-merge-cells-protected-sheet.html)

triaz[_4_]

Why can't I merge cells in a protected sheet?

Why does a protected sheet disable the merge feature?

Regards

Tal.

davesexcel[_71_]

triaz Wrote:
Why does a protected sheet disable the merge feature?

Regards

Tal.

The reason a sheet is protected is so nobody can change it, tha
includes format

--
davesexce
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3170

triaz[_4_]

Why can't I merge cells in a protected sheet?

Thanks, but what I am referring to is when a sheet is protected you get
a dialog that allows you to select certain properties you want enabled
or disabled, one of these options allows you to format cells amongst
other things.

What my question was really aiming at was, why if we can format cells
on a protected sheet can we not merge said cells.

Regards

Tal.