Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sort cells by color ?Macro?

Hi everybody!

I have a pretty messed up but COLORED table.
Now I would like to put the CELLS WITHIN A ROW into the right order.

Since each cell in a row has a specific color it's no problem - thats
what I thought...!!! :-(

Here's the scheme:
Each row has 3-6 cells, all in a different color.
Now, I would like to have these cells in a specific order: white,
yellow, green, blue, black, red - so that I end up having in each
column only one color.
BUT in some rows some of those colors might be missing, that's why I
actually don´t think a sorting function would really help. If a color
is missing, then their should just be a blank in the colored column.

Here's an example-file: http://www.herber.de/bbs/user/31944.xls

I guess, it must be something like a macro that doesn't sort, but
COPIES the colored cells of a row into the specified column [each color
goes to an according column]
so that it ends up with a column of red cells, a column of white cells,
and so on...

Here's an example-file: http://www.herber.de/bbs/user/31944.xls

I am not good with VBA, I tried to record some macros and manipulate
them, but I never reached anything usefull. :(

Can anybody give me some hints??????

THANKS SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME!!!

--
JVLennox