-   -   Trying to SUM up a DATE/TIME field in code... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/356148-trying-sum-up-date-time-field-code.html)

Rone[_2_]

Trying to SUM up a DATE/TIME field in code...

I'm connecting to an Access Database using ADODB and would like to sum up the
total values for a Date/Time field called Duration.

The SQL I'm using to get this is: "SELECT SUM(Duration) FROM 3_REPORT;"

I am using Excel as my interface and when I run this SQL it returns this
value: "1.6937569511234E+190" regardless of how I format the cell. I was
expecting something like 24:14:01.

If I just cut and paste my data from Access into Excel, then use the excel
function so sum up the total duration, then it gives me what I want. I would
like to do this in the code though.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or how to get around this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Rone