-   -   what is wrong with this code? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/356124-what-wrong-code.html)

Nicole Seibert

what is wrong with this code?

Hi,

This doesn't work:
'*** NOTICE: This does not include the header row as we are adding on to the
bottom of
'what is already on BA Approved
Dim lastcell1 As Integer
lastcell1 = Range("A1").End(xlDown).Count
Range("A3:R(lastcell1)").Select
Range("R(lastcell1)").Activate
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Estimated - BA Approved").Select
'
'Find the first cell in column A WITHOUT Data and start paste in this cell
Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Can you tell me why? And can you tell me if there is an easier way to
select used rows only up until the two row header?
Thank you,
Nicole

Tom Ogilvy

what is wrong with this code?

set rng = cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup)(2)

will give you the blank cell at the bottom of the data as determined by
column 1.

If you do that, you are not concerned with header rows as even if there are
only header rows, it would be below those.

Tom Ogilvy

"Nicole Seibert" wrote:

Hi,

This doesn't work:
'*** NOTICE: This does not include the header row as we are adding on to the
bottom of
'what is already on BA Approved
Dim lastcell1 As Integer
lastcell1 = Range("A1").End(xlDown).Count
Range("A3:R(lastcell1)").Select
Range("R(lastcell1)").Activate
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Estimated - BA Approved").Select
'
'Find the first cell in column A WITHOUT Data and start paste in this cell
Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Can you tell me why? And can you tell me if there is an easier way to
select used rows only up until the two row header?
Thank you,
Nicole

Dave Peterson

what is wrong with this code?

See one possible answer to your previous posting of this question <bg.

--

Dave Peterson

Nicole Seibert

what is wrong with this code?

Thank you to both of you for both of your responses on both my posts.
-Nicole