-   -   Creating .xll files in visual c++ 2005 express. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/356123-creating-xll-files-visual-c-2005-express.html)

JacksonRJones

Creating .xll files in visual c++ 2005 express.

Hello. I am trying to create .xll files in visual c++ 2005 express to make
some custom functions for excel. I considered doing this in VBA, but I
already have C code which does the things I want to do, so I thought an .xll
file might be the way to go. I was wondering where I could more information
about this process. In particular, the .xll files used to require xlcall.h
and and xlcall32.lib from the excel 97 sdk. However, those files don't seem
to be compatible with visual studio 2005, and I wasn't sure where to find the
equivalent files (or if there were equivalent files) which were compatible
the with visual c++ 2005 express edition. Thank you.