-   -   Changing Range on Pivot Cache (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355923-changing-range-pivot-cache.html)

Wyvern

Changing Range on Pivot Cache

Hi,

I would like some help please. I have a swag of pivot tables (that
I've structured to all point to the same pivot cache). As part of a
regular process I need to assign this cache to point to new Data files
and new Data ranges.

I've found a pice of code that seems to do it when you are creating a
new pivot cache (using SourceData:= Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Address)
but I'm not sure how to modify an existing pivot range.

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks,

Geoff

--
Wyvern
Wyvern's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5743

Wyvern[_4_]

Changing Range on Pivot Cache

Hi All,

Just in case anyone experiences this problem too. I did find out how
to do it. But my final solution was to create my own pivot cache and
then spawn all the required pivot tables (2000+) from the created
caches.

Whilst it did take me quite a while to figure out how to do this, it
proves a far more robust solution than creating pivot tables manually
and modifying the cache. They tend to behave in strange ways
sometimes.

Geoff