-   -   Combobox query? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355894-combobox-query.html)

Greg B[_8_]

Combobox query?

Hi all,

I am using a combobox to lookup names in a list. How can i set up the
userform so when the user types in the letter b for example it shows just
the names starting with the letter b.

Thanks in advance

Greg

Tom Ogilvy

Combobox query?

That isn't supported.

Closest you can come is, if you have a sorted list, moving to that section.

See the MatchEntry property in Help.

Tom Ogilvy

"Greg B" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am using a combobox to lookup names in a list. How can i set up the
userform so when the user types in the letter b for example it shows just
the names starting with the letter b.

Thanks in advance

Greg

Greg B[_8_]

Combobox query?

Yeah Thanks Tom I guess as much. I have done it that way and got it
working.

Thanks
Greg