Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MsgBox basics

Hi Guys

Please help. I am obviously failing to understand something very basic about
MsgBox syntax.
I have only previously used this function to give simple messages to the
user, and provide a single (default) OK button: E.g.

MsgBox "Your time has expired"

I want to add more buttons in due course (Yes, No, etc) but, for now, was
just trying to customise the title (caption) of the the message box:

MsgBox ("Your time has expired",vbOKOnly,"Time expiry notification")

produces a compile error ("expected: =") and I can't make sense of the Help
associated.
I am not including any Help/Context, so have left those options blank

I have tried assigning the message and Title as strings

Dim Msg As String
Dim Title As String
Msg = "Your time has expired"
Title = "Time expiry notification"
MsgBox (Msg, vbOKOnly, Title)

but to no avail..

And
MsgBox (Msg, vbOKOnly, Title, , ,) just produces another type of 'expected'
compile error

Thanks, Phil

PS. Once I have sorted the syntax, I should be able to use 0 instead of
vbOKOnly, 1 for vbOKCancel, etc. Right?

DSUM Basics Midland Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 26th 09 06:15 PM
basics? n21 New Users to Excel 7 September 21st 06 12:37 PM
VBA form basics Colin Foster[_4_] Excel Programming 1 August 4th 05 05:40 PM
Excel VBA basics Philipp Excel Programming 3 October 11th 04 10:11 AM
Help with the basics. Starting out. beeawwb Excel Programming 2 January 9th 04 12:17 AM