-   -   Change cell catagories? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355865-change-cell-catagories.html)

willz99ta via OfficeKB.com

Change cell catagories?

Howdy,

I am trying to change the ActiveCell catagory from Number to Text. Is there
a quick way to do this in VBA?

Thanks,
Will

Chip Pearson

Change cell catagories?

Try

ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "@"

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"willz99ta via OfficeKB.com" <u6624@uwe wrote in message
Howdy,

I am trying to change the ActiveCell catagory from Number to
Text. Is there
a quick way to do this in VBA?

Thanks,
Will

willz99ta via OfficeKB.com

Change cell catagories?

Nope it's still not working. Here is the code I am using right now:

<code

Sub ShortenByTwo()

Do Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell)
If Mid(ActiveCell.Value, 1, 1) Like "[A-Za-z]" And Mid(ActiveCell.Value,
2, 1) Like "[A-Za-z]" Then
ActiveCell.Value = (Mid(ActiveCell.Value, 3, Len(ActiveCell.Value) -
2))
End If
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "@"
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop

End Sub

</code

Thanks again,
Will

willz99ta via OfficeKB.com

Change cell catagories?

Thanks I got it working...I needed to the number format before the other jazz

Thanks,
Will