-   -   How to run a procedure on entering a specific cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355843-how-run-procedure-entering-specific-cell.html)

[email protected]

How to run a procedure on entering a specific cell?

How to run a procedure on entering a specific cell?

I am trying to pop up a calendar control to enter a date into a
specific cell. For example: when the user moves the cursor to "B5", the
calendar control should become visible. The user then clicks on a date,
which is updated in cell "B5"

My problem is I do not know how to detect when the user selects a
specific cell in order to run the procedure. Is there a way?

Ardus Petus

How to run a procedure on entering a specific cell?

Create:
in worksheet code.

Target tells you which cell(s) have been selected.

HTH
--
AP

a écrit dans le message de
oups.com...
How to run a procedure on entering a specific cell?

I am trying to pop up a calendar control to enter a date into a
specific cell. For example: when the user moves the cursor to "B5", the
calendar control should become visible. The user then clicks on a date,
which is updated in cell "B5"

My problem is I do not know how to detect when the user selects a
specific cell in order to run the procedure. Is there a way?

Henrich

How to run a procedure on entering a specific cell?

Hi, try this:

cell_position = "$B$5"
check = ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Address
If cell_position = check Then MsgBox "Your action"
' runs when a the cell is entered
End Sub

" napĂ*sal (napĂ*sala):