-   -   Is Range ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355774-range.html)

Gary''s Student

Is Range ?

I need a simple Boolean function that, given a string as an input, will
return TRUE if the string can be converted directly into a range, otherwise
FALSE. For example:

A1
Sheet3!F20
[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$B$2

should all return TRUE, but:

A1+A2
A1+1

should all return FALSE

Thanks in advance
--
Gary''s Student

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Is Range ?

Function IsRange(rng As String)
Dim rngTemp As Range

On Error Resume Next
Set rngTemp = Range(rng)
On Error GoTo 0

IsRange = Not rngTemp Is Nothing

End Function

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
I need a simple Boolean function that, given a string as an input, will
return TRUE if the string can be converted directly into a range,

otherwise
FALSE. For example:

A1
Sheet3!F20
[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$B$2

should all return TRUE, but:

A1+A2
A1+1

should all return FALSE

Thanks in advance
--
Gary''s Student

Gary''s Student

Is Range ?

Thank you Bob. I never considered letting the RANGE() function do the work
for me.
--
Gary's Student

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Dana DeLouis

Is Range ?

Just another option:

Function IsRange(s As String) As Boolean
On Error Resume Next
IsRange = Range(s).Address < vbNullString
End Function

--
HTH. :)
Dana DeLouis

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
I need a simple Boolean function that, given a string as an input, will
return TRUE if the string can be converted directly into a range,
otherwise
FALSE. For example:

A1
Sheet3!F20