-   -   Boolean in VBA are returned in local language (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355764-boolean-vba-returned-local-language.html)

[email protected]

Boolean in VBA are returned in local language

Hi,

My VBA script reads some values from cells and sends them to a
webservice. I just realized that using a German Excel e.g.
cell.Font.Strikethrough is returned as Wahr/Falsch instead of
True/False. I tried following code snippet I found online but
unfortunately didn't help either:
Dim bolVal As Variant
bolVal = cell.Font.Strkethrough
If CStr(bolVal ) = "False" Then ' Unfortunately this didn't help.

Has anybody an idea how to convert this from any language to
True/False?

Reto

Nigel

Boolean in VBA are returned in local language

If Not CStr(bolVal) then

--
Cheers
Nigel

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

My VBA script reads some values from cells and sends them to a
webservice. I just realized that using a German Excel e.g.
cell.Font.Strikethrough is returned as Wahr/Falsch instead of
True/False. I tried following code snippet I found online but
unfortunately didn't help either:
Dim bolVal As Variant
bolVal = cell.Font.Strkethrough
If CStr(bolVal ) = "False" Then ' Unfortunately this didn't help.

Has anybody an idea how to convert this from any language to
True/False?

Reto

Nigel

Boolean in VBA are returned in local language

Sorry forgot to remove the Cstr conversion.........try this

If Not bolVal Then

--
Cheers
Nigel

"Nigel" wrote in message
If Not CStr(bolVal) then

--
Cheers
Nigel

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

My VBA script reads some values from cells and sends them to a
webservice. I just realized that using a German Excel e.g.
cell.Font.Strikethrough is returned as Wahr/Falsch instead of
True/False. I tried following code snippet I found online but
unfortunately didn't help either:
Dim bolVal As Variant
bolVal = cell.Font.Strkethrough
If CStr(bolVal ) = "False" Then ' Unfortunately this didn't help.

Has anybody an idea how to convert this from any language to
True/False?

Reto

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Boolean in VBA are returned in local language

Why not test the boolean directly

Why not test the Boolean directly

Dim bolVal As Variant
bolVal = cell.Font.Strkethrough
If bolVal = FALSE Then

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

My VBA script reads some values from cells and sends them to a
webservice. I just realized that using a German Excel e.g.
cell.Font.Strikethrough is returned as Wahr/Falsch instead of
True/False. I tried following code snippet I found online but
unfortunately didn't help either:
Dim bolVal As Variant
bolVal = cell.Font.Strkethrough
If CStr(bolVal ) = "False" Then ' Unfortunately this didn't help.

Has anybody an idea how to convert this from any language to
True/False?

Reto

[email protected]

Boolean in VBA are returned in local language

Thanks both of you. That helped.

Regards,
Reto