-   -   How do you count how many times a cell is entered (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355762-how-do-you-count-how-many-times-cell-entered.html)

sammberg[_2_]

How do you count how many times a cell is entered

How do you count how many times a cell is entered with a particular
string.

Example: If input cell is A1 and count cell is C1 and count string is
1K4. Then I want C1 to counts everytime 1K4 is entered in to A1.

--
sammberg
sammberg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1019

Niek Otten

How do you count how many times a cell is entered

In general this is something Excel wasn't designed to do.
There are ways around, but be careful.

Here's a link:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

but again, make sure you read the last sentence too.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten