-   -   Converting Mainframe DISPLAY data to EXCEL formats (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355727-converting-mainframe-display-data-excel-formats.html)

Peter

Converting Mainframe DISPLAY data to EXCEL formats

I am doing more FTPs from our mainframe into EXCEL. One problem I struggle
with is the mainframe numbers are formatted in DISPLAY where the last byte of
the number contains a sign character (+ 0 = {, +7 = G, -7 = P...). I can
write a program on the mainframe to convert the number and place a sign
before the data but that increases the size of the field by one byte and also
must now be saved as Alpha/Numeric as a minus sign is not a valid numeric
value.

Ideally a function in EXCEL can be created to accept the DISPLAY format and
convert it to a signed, numeric value in EXCEL.

Any hints?

Jim Cone

Converting Mainframe DISPLAY data to EXCEL formats

Any hints,

Sub FixIt()
Dim rngCell As Excel.Range
Set rngCell = ActiveSheet.Range("B6")