Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Similar to "Need to know what is selected"

Similar the reference thread title, I need to know what control caused a
macro to run. Because of how my code is structured, it would be best if
I could know either one of 2 things:
- Does a macro "know" its own name? If so, I can get the name of the
control from the name of the macro since it's an Event of that very
control.

- Does a macro "know" what control/event caused it to run? This would
be more direct than parsing a macro name for the control name. If it
could just tell me its name!

In the "Need to know..." thread the thought of nesting a GotFocus event
trap could work but if I could more directly find out from a Property or
somehow it would be more convenient.

Thanks.

--
kbuilta