-   -   Refresh Excel cells on demand (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355712-refresh-excel-cells-demand.html)

ROland

Refresh Excel cells on demand

I would like to add a button or a menu pick to Excel asking it to refresh all
cells which referances a user defined function in an Add-in.

For example:

Cells
a1
=ExternalData("source1")

a2
=ExternalData("source2")

After button click ExternalData should refresh its data.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Roland

AA2e72E

Refresh Excel cells on demand

Press Ctrl + A followed by F9 to refresh all cells with UDF

or, programatically, for an individual cell, say E5,

Range("E5").Activate
Calculate

"Roland" wrote:

I would like to add a button or a menu pick to Excel asking it to refresh all
cells which referances a user defined function in an Add-in.

For example:

Cells
a1
=ExternalData("source1")

a2
=ExternalData("source2")

After button click ExternalData should refresh its data.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Roland

ROland

Refresh Excel cells on demand

Thank you.

I try it but the function did not get called.

--
Roland

"Roland" wrote:

I would like to add a button or a menu pick to Excel asking it to refresh all
cells which referances a user defined function in an Add-in.

For example:

Cells
a1
=ExternalData("source1")

a2
=ExternalData("source2")

After button click ExternalData should refresh its data.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Roland

ROland

Refresh Excel cells on demand

I have come up with two ways good or bad.

if I put Application.Volatile in the function it does get call each time.

function ExternalData(dataSource)
Application.Volatile
end function

The other way
placed a button on the sheet

sub buttonClick()
me.Range("cellChange").value = "change"
end sub

This cause the function to fire also

function ExternalData(dataSource,cellChange)
end function

--
Roland