-   -   Creation date in cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355697-creation-date-cell.html)

No Name

Creation date in cell

Hi
I posted yesterday and got a few ideas for this, but I've run into a
problem.
The file that I am working on is an imported .txt and the macro that I am
using crashes with a Run-time error 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument.
The line I'm trying to use is this:
Range("A2").Value =
ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")
and I'm wondering if it's because the sheet is not technically a workbook.
The macro imports a .txt file, deletes junk from it and formats some of the
columns and I need to get the creation date of the txt file.
Thanks.
AndyB

Ardus Petus

Creation date in cell

ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")

There was a blank missing between Creation and Date

HTH
--
AP

<AndyB a écrit dans le message de
Hi
I posted yesterday and got a few ideas for this, but I've run into a
problem.
The file that I am working on is an imported .txt and the macro that I am
using crashes with a Run-time error 5 - Invalid procedure call or

argument.
The line I'm trying to use is this:
Range("A2").Value =
ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")
and I'm wondering if it's because the sheet is not technically a workbook.
The macro imports a .txt file, deletes junk from it and formats some of

the
columns and I need to get the creation date of the txt file.
Thanks.
AndyB

Gary''s Student

Creation date in cell

If you run:

Sub garbit()
Dim fs, f
Dim st, s As String
Set f = fs.GetFile("C:\third.txt")
s = "Created: " & f.DateCreated
MsgBox s
st = Split(s, " ")
MsgBox (st(1))
Range("A2").Value = st(1)
End Sub

you should get and see the creation date of the external file.

Change file file reference and you can get the creation date of any external
file.
--
Gary's Student