-   -   Filesearch in 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355677-filesearch-2003-a.html)

David

Filesearch in 2003

Hello,

I've recently been upgraded to Excel 2003. For some reason, a pretty
standard filesearch function I'd been using now fails to pick up any files
outside the root of C:.
I've tried it in a machine still using 2000, and it works fine.

Here's some example code:

Sub blahblah()

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "D:\"
.searchSubFolders = true
If .Execute 0 Then
MsgBox .FoundFiles.Count
End If

End With
End Sub

This yields nothing, even if there is *definitely* files present, regardless
of the filetype!

Any suggestions????

Cheers and best,
David