-   -   Application.Run not working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355540-application-run-not-working.html)

Lokutus

Application.Run not working

Hi,
I need to call one macro from another macro.
There is function like this:

Public Function FinishExport() As String
With Sheets(1)
Range("K3", "K" +
CStr(Sheets("DEF").Range("A2"))).Borders(xlEdgeLef t).LineStyle =
xlContinuous
End With
FinishExport = "TEST"
End Function

and I need to call this function like this:

Public Sub getResult()
Dim result
result = Application.Run("FinishExport")
MsgBox (result)
End Sub

But it is not working. An error 400 allways occures.
Any idea? Thanks in advance. Lokutus

--
Lokutus
Lokutus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32270

GS

Application.Run not working

Should be:

result = FinishExport

Regards,
GS

Chip Pearson

Application.Run not working

You don't use Application.Run to run a macro in the same
workbook. Instead, just type the macro's name.

Public Sub getResult()
Dim result
result = FinishExport
MsgBox result

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

=
xlContinuous
End With
FinishExport = "TEST"
End Function

and I need to call this function like this:

Public Sub getResult()
Dim result
result = Application.Run("FinishExport")
MsgBox (result)
End Sub

But it is not working. An error 400 allways occures.
Any idea? Thanks in advance. Lokutus

--
Lokutus
Lokutus's Profile: