-   -   Excel Validation list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355523-excel-validation-list.html)

SeniorVol

Excel Validation list

In a long validation list of people's names, is there any way to jump to the
J's if the user types a J? I have a list of about 2000 names and want the
user to be able to quickly jump to a name that starts with the letter the
user typed

Norman Jones

Excel Validation list

Hi SeniorVol,

Data validation does not include an autocomplete feature. To overcome this
deficiency, consider using a combobox. See Debra Dalgleish's notes at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"SeniorVol" wrote in message
In a long validation list of people's names, is there any way to jump to
the
J's if the user types a J? I have a list of about 2000 names and want the
user to be able to quickly jump to a name that starts with the letter the
user typed

SeniorVol

Excel Validation list

Thanks Norman- sorry to take so long to thank you. I haven't been back to
this forum in a long time. -SeniorVol