Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Chart Select/Copy Performance

Hi!

I would like to select 8 embedded charts on one sheet, then copy and paste
them to another sheet. I am experiencing severe performance issues with this
code:

Sheets("Templates").Select
ActiveSheet.Shapes.Range(Array("Chart1", "Chart2", "Chart3", "Chart4", _
"Chart5", "Chart6", "Chart7",
"Chart8")).Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Results").Select
ActiveSheet.Range(ChartColumn & ChartRow).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

The code works fine (eventually), but the "Selection.Copy" statement takes
about 10-15 minutes to complete. I have to loop through between 20 and 40
results sets, so updating the workbook takes 3-6 hours! The charts are
combination charts that plot scattered points in one series, and a line
through the points in another series. Also, the charts are small, only about
2" x 2" with only 10 points plotted per chart. I turned off the
AutoFontScaling, having hit the limit there.

What can I do to improve performance? I need the entire process to take no
more than 3-6 seconds, not 3-6 hours!

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.