-   -   simple excel macro Q (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355333-simple-excel-macro-q.html)

excelbeginner

simple excel macro Q

I need help creating a macro in excel that will fill Cols E - S with the
number zero for each row that has text in Col A.

something like this:

IF there is text in Cell A1 THEN fill Cells E1:S1 with zeros
IF there is text in Cell A2 THEN fill Cells E2:S2 with zeros
... Until the Cell in Col A that has no text

thank you,

excelbeginner

--
excelbeginner
excelbeginner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32228

Carim[_3_]

simple excel macro Q

Hi,

There is no need for a macro ...
place yourself in cell E1 and input
=if($A$1<"",0,"")
and copy the formula all the way to column S ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

excelbeginner

simple excel macro Q

Thank you for your reply.

I would still like to use a macro b/c I will be doing this very often
and it would
expedite the process.
If you know how to write such a macro, that would be a great help.

Thanks again,
Excelbeginner