-   -   Date Validation for Date of Birth (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355129-date-validation-date-birth.html)

Stitch45

Date Validation for Date of Birth

I receive weekly excel files where the Date of Birth is shown as 01-Jan-26
for example, but when formatted to dd/mm/yyyy the data actually shows the
year as 2026. Can someone help with a VBA script that I can add to my
macro to correct these years to 1900s.

If activecell.value Year(Now) then
activecell.value = ???

Any help/other suggestions appreciated

thanks

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Date Validation for Date of Birth

Give this a try

iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To iLastRow
With Cells(i,"A")
If IsDate(.Value) Then
If .Value Date Then
.Value = DateSerial(Year(.Value -1000), Month(.value),
Day(.Value))
End With
Next i

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Stitch45" wrote in message
.uk...
I receive weekly excel files where the Date of Birth is shown as 01-Jan-26
for example, but when formatted to dd/mm/yyyy the data actually shows the
year as 2026. Can someone help with a VBA script that I can add to my
macro to correct these years to 1900s.

If activecell.value Year(Now) then
activecell.value = ???

Any help/other suggestions appreciated

thanks

Niek Otten

Date Validation for Date of Birth

Probably not necessary. In Windows, go to Control Panel, Regional options,
Customize, Date. There you can choose how Windows interprets 2-digit years.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

.uk...