-   -   formatting decimal places in code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355034-formatting-decimal-places-code.html)

cherman

formatting decimal places in code

I tried to find the answer by searching, but could not.

I'm using code like the following to format cells. I can do everything I
want except set decimal places. Is there a way to do this following the
pattern below?

With objActiveWkb.Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(I, K)
.Select
.Font.Name = "Arial"
.Font.Size = 8
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
End With

Thanks in advance,
Clint Herman

Niek Otten

formatting decimal places in code

Include something like

..NumberFormat = "0.000"

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"cherman" wrote in message
I tried to find the answer by searching, but could not.

I'm using code like the following to format cells. I can do everything I
want except set decimal places. Is there a way to do this following the
pattern below?

With objActiveWkb.Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(I, K)
.Select
.Font.Name = "Arial"
.Font.Size = 8
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
End With

Thanks in advance,
Clint Herman

Gary''s Student

formatting decimal places in code

Try:

..NumberFormat = "0.000" to format three decimal places.

Just be sure to use the above srting format or a string variable:

Dim s as String
s="0.000"
..NumberFormat = s
--
Gary''s Student

"cherman" wrote:

I tried to find the answer by searching, but could not.

I'm using code like the following to format cells. I can do everything I
want except set decimal places. Is there a way to do this following the
pattern below?

With objActiveWkb.Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(I, K)
.Select
.Font.Name = "Arial"
.Font.Size = 8
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
End With

Thanks in advance,
Clint Herman

Jim Thomlinson[_5_]

formatting decimal places in code

Try this...

With objActiveWkb.Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(I, K)
.Select
.Font.Name = "Arial"
.Font.Size = 8
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
.numberformat = "#,##0.00"
End With

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"cherman" wrote:

I tried to find the answer by searching, but could not.

I'm using code like the following to format cells. I can do everything I
want except set decimal places. Is there a way to do this following the
pattern below?

With objActiveWkb.Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(I, K)
.Select
.Font.Name = "Arial"
.Font.Size = 8
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter