-   -   Use VB in Excel to close open Word Document (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355017-use-vbulletin-excel-close-open-word-document.html)

Gary

Use VB in Excel to close open Word Document

Hi, new to all this.
Using Visual Basic I have managed to get Excel to open up a word document,
add some data to it from an Excel workbook, save and print it off, I am just
looking for a way of closing the document back down again using VBscript. I
have tried using .Close to no nocicable results and the help wizard suggests
..appWd.Quit which the debugger does not like. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Gary

Use VB in Excel to close open Word Document

Hi just to update.
I have worked out what the debugger error is on the .Quit command.
I am trying to close Word whilst it is still printing the document. Any
ideas of what I need to add in to allow Word to finish printing before
closing.
Thanks
Gary

"Gary" wrote:

Hi, new to all this.
Using Visual Basic I have managed to get Excel to open up a word document,
add some data to it from an Excel workbook, save and print it off, I am just
looking for a way of closing the document back down again using VBscript. I
have tried using .Close to no nocicable results and the help wizard suggests
.appWd.Quit which the debugger does not like. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Tom Ogilvy

Use VB in Excel to close open Word Document

have it print in the foreground.

Tom Ogilvy