-   -   Can I make VB programs external? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/355012-can-i-make-vbulletin-programs-external.html)

chuckm

Can I make VB programs external?

I have a workbook with 500k of VB. Is it possible to externalize the
VB code so that other workbooks can reference it and execute the
programs...without loading the VB?
thanks
chuckm

Tom Ogilvy

Can I make VB programs external?

Yes, put your code in an addin.

See Jan Karel Pieterse's tutorial at:

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro00.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=167909
XL: Securing Visual Basic Code in Microsoft Excel

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=156942
XL97: How to Create an Add-in File in Microsoft Excel 97

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=211563
How to create an add-in file in Excel 2000

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...xceladdins.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...exceladdin.asp

Excel 97: Creating Add-Ins

Tom Ogilvy

"chuckm" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a workbook with 500k of VB. Is it possible to externalize the
VB code so that other workbooks can reference it and execute the
programs...without loading the VB?
thanks
chuckm

Chip Pearson

Can I make VB programs external?

No. The VBA code, whether in a file or add-in, must be loaded in
order to run.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson