-   -   Output the range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/354647-output-range.html)

ledzepe[_4_]

Output the range

Hi all,

I've computer generated .CSV file that looks like below:

Account, Description, Quantity, Weight, Rate, Amount
R123, Skids/Pallets, 2, 100, 1.2, 88.64
R123, FSC, 0, 0, 1.55, 5.00
R123, Protective, 0, 0, 1.5, 4.00
R345, Boxes, 2, 21, 1.2, 12.30
R345, FSC, 0, 0, 1.55, 0.33
R345, Protective, 0, 0, 0, 0
R678, Pallets, 4, 210, 1.42, 152.30
R678, FSC, 0, 0, 1.55, 8.20
R678, Protective, 0, 0, 1.5, 10.00

I usually open the .CSV in Excel. I want to get the range of accoun
R123 and its data which in my example would be A2:F4. I can then do
lookup on the amount of the FSC and Protective.

Actually if you got another solution for my dilemma, this is the actua
output I want:

Account, Quantity, Weight, FSC, Protective, Amount,
R123, 2, 100, 5.00, 4.00, 88.64
R345, 2, 21, 0.33, 0, 12.30
R678, 4, 210, 8.20, 10.00, 152.30

I need one column for the quantity, weight, FSC, Protective and Amoun
for each Account

--
ledzep
ledzepe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2520